Tuesday, October 2, 2007

How easily I am perplexed!

This time of ear is so crazy busy for me. I feel like I have been neglectful in many, many things but right now I have down right forgotten my kids. I remember feeling this way last year around this time and thinking that is it, I am done! Here I am again this year, with two kids, lots of book, tv, coloring and room time, messy kids, crazy house, and vinyl everywhere. How grateful I am for this home job, for Super Saturdays that keep me so busy, and a little extra cash for the upcoming holidays but Wowzer, I dont even know how to keep organized....Those of you who know me realize that is not such a hard task!

So that is why I right tonight feeling a little overwhelmed as I realize I only sat with my kids for breakfast, a quick lunch and dinner. Thank goodness for an awesome husband who took over, played with, loved, tickled, laughed, and tucked our fine little ones into bed! So next time I say that Sydney is acting up, or Kenady is throwing fits remind me why!

On the cutest side note. Kenady colors at 10 months (she just turned 10 months). She truly watches and wants to be like her older sister. How cute! Whenever Sydney is coloring she tries to take the writing mechanism and colors the paper! I LOVE IT. Kenday is also learning to throw huge fits and yell...I think she thinks that being loud is the normal tone for the Davis household, shoot! Today Sydney and I held Kenady's hands and walked and she walked around the house. We ended at the couch so we both let go of her hands, she looked at us, stuck out her bottom lip, sank to the ground on her bum, then laid over and sobbed because she could no longer walk! On a side note I spent a little more time with them than I gave myself credit for! It was so cute, sad, and obnoxious at the same time. 1.How stinking cute! 2. She just learned something new how sad we put an abrupt stop to it and 3. She can't throw a fit to get what she wants.

I have browsed through most of your blogs. I am sorry I dont comment! I promise I will do better. Taytum how fun! I can't wait to do that, you will have to give us the in's and out's.

I had such a nice weekend with my EA friends look at MaryAnn's blog for the details. I so looked forward to it and we had a blast. Thanks so much Maryann for hosting we can do it at my humble abode any old time. We should plan it weekly. Heheee. And everyone else I love ya!

13 comments:

Mary Ann said...

YOu are a great mom! I have those days ALOT! It was so fun to have you here! I can't wait to do this again.. every week sounds good to me!

Fujitales said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your fall swap package - on a bitter note, I never recieved a package from my fall swapper, so I was sad not to get something fun in the mail.
I'm so jealous of your little business. I too looked into doing vinyl, and have a really good friend who has a vinyl business who I occasionally help. I have a Cricut cutter which will cut vinyl, but it has so many limitations, I get really frustrated when I'm trying to do something really creative and I don't have the right tools for the job. I still want a vinyl plotter.
Anyway, I'm glad to get to know you and plan to check back in on you and your cute family. If you ever find yourself in Boise, please look me up!
Oh, and no I don't have an oak tree in my yard, I wish - but I found one at a local park and enlisted my daughter to help me pick up acorns and caps. I hope the caps haven't been falling off - I noticed that on the set I did for myself, as the acorns dried out, they shrunk and the caps no longer fit - so you may have to reglue some of them. I'd like to find a tree that drops the whole acorn - cap included so I don't have to mix and match. Anyway, I just bought some glitter at Craft Warehouse and watered down some white glue and dipped the acorns in the glue and into the glitter - nothin' fancy. Glad you liked them!

Breya

Nicole Mineer said...

I don't know what you are talking about, you always seem to be doing fun things with your kids. I can't imagine all of that plus your business too. I really want to get a bow maker--that is such a neat idea.

taytum said...

I am the organizing queen! I love to alphabatize, and put things in order of colors or sizes. If you ever lived closer and needed an assistant I would SO be your girl.

Jaime said...

I feel like that ALOT!! We just have to remember we can't do it all!

Fujitales said...

Sorry I'm slow at getting back to you. I sure don't mind going and looking for some acorns for your enrichment class (I have a soft spot for Enrichment leaders- I was just released last spring after serving as EL for 4 1/2 years!) Let me go look first before I tell you whether or not I can find enough for you. I probably can't find you hundreds - but I can probably find enough for 10 people to make 10-15. I'll see what I can find in the next week or so and get back to you.

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the stuff I sent. I thought about it several times, but just got rushed as I tried to get it to the post office. Sorry about that.

Breya

Babbel Family said...

I feel your pain sister. From now until Christmas is crazy for me. I spend about 8-10 hours a day just on vinyl. I feel bad totally neglecting my kids so I try and do as much as I can at night. So then I am so tired all day. I think they have just learned mom is not fun from October-December! Good luck!

Bonnie said...

Hey! You wrote on my blog and asked if I took Riley to the zoo...Missy and I went together. Riley still does run away...but I think that she is getting better. Riley and Sadie play together quite a bit. Missy was wondering how you guys got that bed in the bedroom upstairs in your old village green place. They are trying to get it down the stairs but it wont fit. Your girls are so cute. I was looking at your blog the other day, Sydney's picture was up and Sadie came in and said "that's my friend"..she couldn't remember her name, but knew that she was her friend. It was pretty cute.
I can't believe how busy you are. And you do all these fun things with your kids on top of your business and everything. Your awesome!!

Fujitales said...

Jaymi-
I found a few minutes yesterday to run down to the park to look for acorns, and to my surprise, this apparently is the time of year that oak trees drop their nuts - there were hundreds all over the ground. I quickly was able to fill two gallon sized ziplock bags - not without some unusual looks. And even some people started picking them up for me. Lots of people wanted to know what I was going to do with them, and some even quizzed me on what kind of nut was in an acorn, and was it edible. I guess I need to brush up on my acorn facts. I hope there's enough.
I'll get them in the mail soon.

Breya

Pink Caboose said...

Hey Jaymi, I know what you mean about the tv being a good babysitter. The sad thing is it actually isn't very good but it is just so dang easy to let them sit there and watch it. I am due to have my baby in 7 weeks. We don't know what it is and are so so excited to find out. My boys both want a sister which I wouldn't mind either, but we'll see. If you are ever back up in Utah, give us a call. Take care ~April

Cicily said...

Whenever you need help getting a system to keep yourself organized give me a call, I'd be more than happy to help you out. Actually I'll probably dream about it until you do.

Brooke said...

Hey Jaymi-

I don't know if you would remember me. My name is Brooke and I am a friend of Karalee's. Your girls are beautiful.

I was going to throw in some remark about St. Johns or Globe. . . but who am I kidding, I have lots of great memories of St. Johns, and love small towns. It's true I am a small town girl at heart!

Fujitales said...

I'm glad to finally hear from you - I was beginning to wonder what I was going to do with all these acorns!! I'll get them in the mail soon. As far as price goes - I'm not sure what to tell you... I'm feeling a little guilty about charging something for what was free on the ground! I'll send you a price after I see what it costs to ship them.
By the way, my email is dax_and_breya@yahoo.com, which I check a lot more regularly, and my phone number is 208-362-7730, so if you have any other acorn needs - I'm your girl!
Enjoy your project.

Breya