Monday, August 6, 2007

A great weekend

I totally brought my camera but then didnt take it out for anything. This weekend was awesome. So much fun to be closer to home. Saturday morning we headed to Snowflake to go through the temple with my brother, Cord. First we got to visit with Shanda and Jason and they got babysitters for all four of the kids (this was Kenady's first time to be babysat, crazy as that is!).

The temple was so awesome. It was super full. There was another missionary and two girls going through for the first time, getting married the next weekend (I think). It was so neat to be there with Cord and my family and I enjoyed the spirit. There is nothing like the temple, and family and being at the temple with family. I am so proud of my little brothers they are the coolest people ever.

Then I headed to St. Johns through pouring, did I say pouring, I mean pelting, flooding, washing rain. It was so cool! As soon as we got into town Dallas to me to Julie's twilight prom I jumped out in the parking lot and into a lake of water up to my ankles, nice nice. The prom was SO MUCH fun cant thank Julie, Kirstin, and Monica enough for such a good time. You will have to check out Julies website I will tell her to put some pictures on. I loved, loved, loved it!

The next day we headed to 5th ward to find everything in disarray. It was nice though, we finally were not late to church, okay so we were but they were late getting started. Upon starting the meeting we found out just how much the moisture had done for us.....there is flooding everywhere! The whole morning had been spent moving people/things out of their houses due to the rain. How sad for those people who are having to move out, but it was really neat to see all of the support, service, and help that was being done. About a third of the ward was at church the other 2/3 had already been informed of the need for assistance and were out moving, cleaning, whatever they could do. The Bishop said they were only having sacrament today due to the need for service. He also said that down at the city yard people were going to bag sand because there was supposed to be another storm of equal intensity and they were trying to get people ready for the next wave of storms. It was neat to see how much service was being done, and how much the people care about eachother! Keep praying for rain, just not in your house!

9 comments:

Landvatter Family said...

Hey I love your blog! If you go to customize at the top right when you are signed in, then go to add page element. It should have an option like video bar or something where you can add videos from certain websites. Hope this helps!

taytum said...

Yeah, I don't think that anyone would believe the amount of rain we got, unless they were actually here. It was seriously crazy!

kh said...

Jaymi, you are too cute! I just read your little "about me" section and I am glad you threw "Dr." in there, for all his hard work, he deserves the title!

I heard about SJ. So crazy. I don't think I have ever seen (or heard) about anything like that ever happening before, well at least since I have lived there.

Keep pestering Julie about the prom pics, I would love to see them too!

We (my fam) are going through the Temple with Brended this weekend! Can you stand it? When does Cord leave? Such exciting news!!!

Michelle and Javier said...

Hey guys! I highly recommend getting a puppy! I have had so much fun! Thanks for keeping in touch!

Stacy said...

That was so fun the other night...Im glad we got to hang out while you were down. Seriously, we are so funny. We should do it again soon. Im so glad you arent so far away anymore!
And yes it is our sandrail...now that Dallas is big time I think you should definitely buy it!

Shaun & April said...

Hey Davis Fam, Just got your blogspot from Erica. Your kids are so cute. Check us out at kennankyson.blogspot.com

Briggs Fam

Lindy said...

Hey Jaymi!

You (and anyone reading this) are invited to join in on a "My Favorite Things for Fall" package swap. See my blog to find out more!

http://funakifam.blogspot.com/

Lindy

The Recipe Market said...

Hey Jaymi,

I have decided to quit early! I am not blogging anymore, but I’d love to stay in contact with you! Thanks for sharing your life with me over these past few months, it’s been so great getting to know you! I am still doing the recipe blog, where you are always welcome to come and visit.
Take Care,
Kristen Hansen
mkhansenfam@gmail.com
therecipemarket.blogspot.com

Mary Ann said...

Hey, I wish I could have seen all of you the other night! You need to come visit. Hope you are doing good and your house is all situated!