Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oh my Scary Lary!

Tonight was a little scary for me and quite a reality check. Often times I don't realize how potentate my role as a mother should be and how important it is. Not that I don't enjoy almost every second of it and love what I do...what I mean is that I think sometimes I get to laid back and lackadaisical and my mind frame is don't worry, everything just works out. Tonight was one of those nights to help me put things into perspective.

We have been doing so much work, sun up to sun down. I have tried to play with the kids but am failing miserably :) so I decided to go in and give the kids a bath and pay some attention to them (after dinner, we ate on our new lawn tonight)while Dallas stayed outside and worked more on the yard. I put the kiddos in the bath and scurried into my room to grab something and decided while I was at it I would turn the computer on so I could check my emails.....da da dum. Seriously what was I thinking.

I actually don't know what happened or why I ran, but thank goodness for the spirit and that Heavenly Father wanted/allowed little Kenady to still grace our presence because the next thing I knew I was in the bathroom. Kenady was under the water and gulping for breath. I grabbed her out and she just went limp onto my chest, it was very scary. She was blue, her whole body seemed to be swollen with water and she couldn't breath. I was petrified. I ran out the back door yelling for Dallas and he threw her over his knee and tried to pat the water out of her lungs. All the while she was never unconscious (I don't think) Finally Dallas got the water out of her lungs and she started breathing...but wanted nothing more than to sleep. She seemed to be confused and uncomfortable. After about a half hour she started to babble a little bit and would crawl around. A few hours later I finally feel brave enough to put her to bed but I have been checking on her every few minutes and plan to bring her into my room when all the lights go down.

Never ever leave your kids in the bath! The one regretful thing....this is something that I can prevent and luckily, something that turned out okay!

I sure appreciate their little laughter, their smiles and their touch. I am so grateful Heavenly Father allowed these little spirit children into our home.

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

How scary!! I am glad that everything turned out good. You are such a great mom!
About the pass...don't worry about it. I don't think that I will be going anytime soon. I haven't missed it too much. :) If you want to get rid of it, you can send it back, but no worries.
Will you put up some pictures of your new house? I want to see it.

Nicole said...

How scary! I'm glad it's all okay. Don't question yourself though, as we've all done it. I know you're a wonderful mom:)

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Unknown said...

That is so scary!! I am so glad that she is ok, that would of freaked me right out!! Jaymi it was so good to see you, I wish that I could of stayed a while longer b/c it was just fun to hang out and catch up!! Well you know where we are and I figured it out we are 6 hours away from Omaha, so not too far, I feel so bad that we lived so close for so long and didn't even see eachother, hopefully things will change and we will be able to see you guys more often!! Have a great night!!

Unknown said...

How do I get the Stephanie Meyer books, are they church books or what?? If I wanted to check them out would they be at a public library!! I need the names too so I can try and find them, thanks!!

Jaime said...

Yeah thanks for the heart attack you just gave me too!!

I wanna see pics of your house!!

Stacy said...

That is really scary, glad she's ok. But can I tell you Im really impressed by your big word! I dont think Ive ever heard the word potentate before, I had to look it up in the dictionary. Nice one. :)

Cicily said...

What a wake up call. I've often wondered if siblings bathing would watch out for eachother, but I don't know if kids are that astute to realize when they are in trouble. I'm sorry about that, I know it sucks to get so scared like that. You're still a good mommy.

jalipeno said...

so scary.
hey girl, are you coming to bunco next week?? please???
call me. i think i tried to call you once a while ago. maybe that was a dream.
allie

Tiff Hunt said...

Uh, I would have crapped my pants. I am super scared of that too! I am so sorry you had that experience. I am glad she is ok.

I would love it if you copied the bookshelf idea. It is fun and cute. I love it.

kh said...

I second the "crapped my pants" notion. I have had (regrettably) a few similiar experiences. Thankfully, they are stubborn and won't go even when mom drowns them!!! Kids are pretty resilient. Thank heavens for mothers intuition and quick reflexes. We are no doubt SUPER HEROS after all.

Good thinking, and man I know too well the "I'll check my e-mail" thought that comes at every inopportune time.

Glad she is okay!!!

jalipeno said...

hey girl,

saw that you were looking for me :) bunco isn't til next thursday, the 30th. call me - 480/735-9276.
lovin' ya :) allie

Stacy said...

You are hilarious! I am even more impressed, only you could use a big word (correctly) and not even know it! When are you coming down again?

Michelle and Javier said...

oh my gosh! i'm glad everything turned out ok :) don't be mad at yourself too long!