Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas....the rest of the story!

Okay, back to the Christmas escpade, where did I leave off. We had a great time at church and when we came home Jason, Shanda, Crew, and Trip all came to stay! It was so much fun having everyone there. I truly loved it! I know I kept pushing for them to come and stay (they only live 40 minutes away) and I am so glad that they did! It felt so much like Christmas.

Monday we hung out and did some cooking, some running around and mostly hanging out. Christmas eve is always so much fun. First we went to Grandpa Stradlings house (Laura too). We have a Mexican fiesta. There is so much great food, we sit and talk and catch up, as our family gets bigger it gets harder and harder to see everyone so this is such a fun time for me. At about 7:00 we make the treck over to Grandpa & ma Despain's. There we have a little talent program. Sydney did so great. She is a lime-light girl and she sang "Santa Clause is coming to town" she practiced all week and was very excited to do it! Funny girl, she did an awesome job and we were all impressed. Then we sang a few carols, and had homemade icecream and treats. Finally it was off to Grandma and Grandpa Whiting's were they had P.J.'s for all the kids, a little bag from Santa and we sent the kiddo's off to bed. Julie and Butch came over and we did a White Elephant gift exchange then we moved on to those presents that still needed to be wrapped.

Christmas morning was so much fun! The kiddos loved it. Sydney got a cash register, a doll set, and a doll. Kenady got a chair, some pull along toys and a sit/scoot tricycle. They probably got more then they desereved. heheee. I sure wish we could find our camera but I figured I better post before I forget everything!

The next best thing we got to talk to Cord! yahoo. It was awesome, he sounds so great, he loves the work, he is just doing and being awesome. Then off to the Davis' and Sydney got another baby, she just LOVES this baby! They knew just what to get her. Kenady got an electric guitar! We headed to The McKorkels to visit with the rest of the Davis' then off to my parents to say goodbye to Jason. So that is it in a nutshell. It was so much fun and I am so thankful to be closer to family whom we love dearly!

No comments: