Monday, February 4, 2008

We thank thee of God for a Prophet

Tonight I have taken the time to blog hop and so many of my friends have posted about the passing of President Hinckley. I was touched by them all. Two of them really expressed what I have been feeling. The first was my sister in law Shanda's comment. Hers was of joy. President Hinckley is going home and what a reunion it is. That reunion would have been sureal to see. I can only imagine and am so grateful that we were able to commune with him here for so long (all through t.v. screens, I know! Just as Shanda said, we love you, thank you so much for your example, for your legacy....go home.

Dallas niece also wrote and put a utube clip of "Brother Becks" comments. If I can figure out how to get it on here I will post it here too. President Hinckley's example only has changed and affected countless lives, just by watching him we become better people! We love you very much!


Today it was announced that President Monson is our new prophet. How exciting, how right. I love him, I love his stories. I love Pres. Faust and I am so excited that Pres. Echtdorf has been called. I loved him from his first talk! These are exciting times, exciting days. I am so grateful to have a testimony of this church and to know that these calling come from Heavenly Father and we have a living prophet to guide us today!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

YOu're so cute Jayms.. I am so excited about our new presidency too! They are great men! I was thinking how scary it is to not know who our next president of the US is, but we always know that whoever leads our church will be called of God. We are so blessed!!