Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It finally happened


Oh no, I can not believe it, I dreaded this day, fretted, stewed, finally it came and it wasn't so bad. I have been stung by a scorpion. That's not even the best part of the story! I am petrified of those little, satanly things. We spray regularly and it is the sole reason that I would leave this place as soon as possible! Well I was cleaning the doors today and grabbed the rag from the kitchen sink. I felt something, kind of like a pinch but I still dropped the rag and out flew a BIG (thank heavens') scorpion. I screamed and the stand off began. I couldn't move and neither could the scorpion. I grabbed a shoe, but again froze in place. Sydney came trotting in and so I threw her up on the table and she is chanting, "do it, do it, do it". I just can't come close enough to hit the dang thing so I decide to do the tape trick, wrap tape around a spatula hit it/stick it to the tape and throw it outside, in the toilet, etc. So I ran to get some tape (what an idea let it get away while you are gone). Came back and it was GONE! Luckily it had just moved from the front of the opened door, to behind and was trying to make it's get away. So I lost interest in the tape theory and held tight to the flimsy shoe.

I was sitting there trying get up the courage to hit it and I leaned over to Syd and said I don't know if I can do it. Sydney hops down off the counter and says, "don't worry mom, I got it, give me the shoe and hop on the table." What the.....demonstration number two for the week, mom is a baby! So after realizing that a three year old is braver then me, I got up the courage and innihilated that thing! I don't think his friends will want to come back to face my wrath!

Fortunately I think he barely nicked me, the pain was similar to an ant bite, I lucked out and hope to never be so lucky again!

5 comments:

kh said...

Oh no! But what a great story Jaymi! You make me laugh. I think I would be right there with you on top of that table, cheering my 3-year old on!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you acutually got stung, I have never had that happen to me. But the story was sooo, funny Sydney is hilarious, I love it!! You guys crack me up, I wihs I was there to hang out and get to know you little ones, they sounds so funny!!

Heather K said...

Great story! You crack me up still! Wish we lived closer and our crazy Sydney's could play!

brownfam said...

You are so funny, that story reminds me of Omaha, and how you refused to come out of your house and you just kept peeking out of your blinds until everyone was inside again. HA HA!!!

Mary Ann said...

ahh! that is so scary. i am so afraid of that happening.. sydney really is the funniest girl in the world!