Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lasting Impressions.

This weekend was our General Conference. For me it was one of the most memorable and lasting conferences that I have ever witnessed. The solemn assembly started it all. It was such an amazing thing to witness and then to be able to take part in it, to stand with millions of people to sustain our new prophet, to know that we have a prophet on the earth to lead and guide us, to know that his direction comes from God and that there is a plan for us, there is more to this life then work, then the house we live in, then the cars we drive, there is so much more. To know that we are eternal beings, that we can be with our loved ones through life, through death, through so much more. I know why I was so blessed to be here at this time, I am so thankful for that direction and knowledge that I have. Thank heavens for Heaven!

For the last few days (and every time after conference) I can feel this power in my life. I want to be a little better, stand a little taller and maybe that is why I have seen and felt the great things that surround us. Today I was listening to something on Oprah, she is doing some class on a book and all these people were getting on and saying how it changed their lives and how excited they were. Some of them were talking about how they realized they had Eternal Life, others realized how slowing down and enjoying the little moments have changed their lives, realizing that matterial things dont matter...etc. etc. etc. the whole world (because of Oprah) is so excited about this book and it is life changing; it made me realize just how exciting the gospel is. It is life changing, it is such a great thing, it teaches all those things and more.

Then tonight I wanted to see American Idol gives back and I wanted to give. How great it is when people come together to give, to serve to think of others. What an amazing thing giving/serving others does to you. Things don't matter quite as much, ego's aren't so big and again it brought me back to the knowledge that I have. How much richer your life is, when you do these things, . This........this is what life is all about. I appreciate that people who give, who care, who make a difference in this world. You inspire me. And I am most thankful for the knowledge that I have in this life, I know who I am, I know where I am going, I know that I belong, I am a daughter of God and I can make a difference!

4 comments:

Jamielynn said...

So good to talk to you on MSN today Jaym. ....really You are seriously one of my most favorite people ever. I love that I can talk to you about EVERYTHING!! Thanks for being such a good friend to me. I can't wait to see you and Dallas and your cute kiddo's. I hope it will be soon!!

Jeannette said...

Hi there. How are you guys? I can't believe it was a year ago that you guys were here in Omaha! It was no problem having you guys borrow our house, I know you guys would have done the same for us :) If we wind up in AZ sometime we will have to try and get in touch!

Mary Ann said...

glad you are back to blogging! this post was so deep! :). and great!! i felt the same about conference. you are so blessed to be members of this church and have the coolest prophet! and i think elder ballard is my new favorite.. after his talk on moms! :) idol gives back was really inspiring! i loved it!

Dizzy Kate said...

I loved reading your post. I loved hearing your testimony and i am so happy that you had a wonderful experience watching conference. I can't wait until the conference issue comes out. Thank you for your thoughts and testimony.