Friday, March 16, 2007

Moments we are thankful for


The last week I have had a few moments to be thankful for. I was at the stake center this week and a man came and sat by me while talking on his cell phone. He was talking about his little girl. The little girl was with her mom shopping at Costco, she was standing in front of the shopping cart. Well her mom slowed down, the girl wasn't holding on and out she fell. She flipped forward and landed on her head. The mom did her best to console her...now this is not the end of the story but, that had just happened to me the week prior! I thought he was telling my story!

Well with my story, it pretty much ends there. After a few minutes Sydney stopped crying and she didn't look to have a concussion, or anything similar, I was very glad and didn't think much more of it. This isn't where the other little girls story ends. She was really out of it. She was going in and out of consciousness and so they took her to the hospital. They did an MRI and this little girl has a cyst on her brain that has probably been there since birth. They are trying to find out now if it is malignant etc. In a strange way I am sure it is a blessing she fell out, maybe so they could find this little cyst, but how thankful I am that this careless little mom was able to pick Sydney up, console her and go on our way (that we are healthy). There is just so much to be thankful for.


The last thing, just this morning as I was doing dishes I was thinking about my life. I started thinking about my dreams and what I thought it would be like to be married and what my ideal life would be....I realized, I am living it! Oh the things to be thankful for!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey Jaymi!! Your little girls are so cute! Definately know all about those little moments to be thankful for!

Jamielynn said...

Hey that picture is so dang cute. We miss you guys soooo much. Cant wait to have the butter cream gang back together...hehehe!!! I am so glad you are so happy. Tell Dallas we said HI!!

taytum said...

I wish you guys lived here....

kh said...

Hi Jaymi!

Thanks for the e-mail and blog address. It's so fun to read up on your little (and darling, I might add) family. I am so happy for you. You have always been such a cheerful person. I admire that.

Thanks for letting me take a look. Your girls are just too cute! Isn't motherhood... wonderful???

Take Care,
Kristen

Jaime said...

Hey I just referred someone to CC-I gave her the number on your website, so I hope she gets through to you. If you don't hear from her, let me know!

Mark, Monette, Coytt and Dalon said...

Isn't it great to just sit and count your blessings every once in awhile! I should do it more often, because when I do I always end up happier and with this warm peaceful feeling inside. Thanks for the reminder :)

Pink Caboose said...

Jaymi, of course you can put my name on your list. It is fun to be able to see how everyone is doing. I feel like I live so far away and am so disconnected from Arizona and SJ. Colorado may as well be Africa! How do you like Sandy? If you want to go on a great drive, go to Midway. It is just south of Park City. My husband is from there, it is one of my top 3 favorite places, so pretty. Anway... I hope you have a great day! ~April