Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Can't Sleep

Every had one of those days/nights...well I haven't, not often anyways! When sleep time rolls around, I am out like a light. Tonight, not so much. I tried to turn on Harry Potter, then I addressed most of my Christmas cards, then I blog hopped for awhile and got caught up on a few peoples happenings, sat here and now, well a post.

Dallas has not felt well today, bless his heart, a stuffed nose usually knocks him out cold (just kidding Dallas), totally kidding. So he fell asleep pretty much right after Santa Clause came.....okay so I will back up a do have a few post worthy things to post, pictures will follow.

Santa Clause came tonight. It was pretty much a picture perfect holiday night. First it all started with Cafe Rio/Costa Vida copy cat salad (it is GOOD). Well Dal was feeling a little to sick and so I finished the dishes while he sat with the kids AND Kenady walks most of the time unless she REALLY wants to get somewhere (SHOULD INSERT PICTURE HERE). So Dallas enticed her to walk around the room while Sydney laughed. Then I came in with the computer to do a little work and dun, dun dun. We heard jingling at our step, Santa came to our house. It was so awesome, he had the nicest shiny suit, bells around his waist and a big sack full of toys. He gave Sydney and Kenady a stuffed animal and the COOLEST key I have ever seen (insert picture here). You will have to see it. You hang it on your door Christmas eve (especially those who do not have fireplaces). It is a special key just for Santa that allows him to get into your house. SO cool. Sydney was in heaven when she opened up the door and Santa came in. Kenady was not afraid and we got a great picture.

Santa left and a few minutes later...we had carolers at our door. We walked out and listened to them for a few songs and back in! What a great night.


So back to the sleeping escapade. Dallas falls asleep right after the carolers leave and I put the kiddos to sleep. Kenady cried for 40 minutes (I dont know why she does that so much lately) but Syd was pretty good about going to sleep. I came in to do more work and have never left my room. Dallas is still sleeping on the couch!

It was a fun night! Merry Christmas everyone! What a great time of year, I love sharing and eating and enjoying the spirit!

8 comments:

taytum said...

Christmas is so fun! Especially when you have little kids. I can just picture Sydney getting so excited when Santa came. Fun, fun.


p.s. Do you not think that Trevor will make a good parent? You said I would, but not him. It seriously made me die laughing.

Mary Ann said...

Is there a cafe rio in globe? is so I will be there a lot more often!! :) How did you get Santa to come to your house? That is so fun!!! That is fine if you get the temple picture later! When you told me that, someone already bought the other one! So let me know when you are ready for a new one! It was so fun to have you here! We need to do that more often!!

Jaime said...

How fun!!! And are you coming here for Christmas...I totally forgot to get a check in the mail to ya, let me know! Nikki and I talk about it every day, but then never do anything about it! Sorry...just been so hectic shopping, baking, working etc.

Cass and Natalia said...

Cute family picture, your girls are so pretty! How great that Santa came to your house! I need to get your address, I've had a card sitting on my desk for over a week and keep forgetting to get that from you. :( Have a wonderful Christmas!

Dizzy Kate said...

Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, I just wanted to say thanks for the card, and I love your hair its so cute!! Cute length!! Well sounds like a awesome Christmas!! Hope Dallas gets feeling better!

Bonnie said...

Sorry that I am just getting back to you with the phone number for Missy and Casey...I am in Utah so I only have Missy's cell number. It is...801.703.6097. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas! When are you going to visit Omaha again? Probably never right? I don't think we would ever visit Omaha unless we had to! :) It would be fun to see you guys again though. Happy New Year!!

Bryce & Charly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.