Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter Weekend

I tried to get all of my pictures to download so that I could write about Easter weekend and the upcoming events but something is wrong, at least I can write and post later!

Last Friday morning at 4:00 a.m. I got Sydney and Kenady up and packed them into the car. We had to take Dallas to the airport, he was going to AZ to look for a house. We dont have enough funds for all of us to go so we had to trust in his good judgment and of course the trusty video camera to decide on a new home, YEAH!

Friday night I watched six kids and told E and Misti to go on a date with their husbands. I thought it would be SO easy, I forgot 4 kids under two doest make for an organized outing. All we could do was play in the back yard, eat pizza, which really didnt happen no one would stay still for long enough to eat and finally watch a movie of course I could eat, so as I was munching away I felt a crunch and half a molar fell out of my mouth! Thank goodness one of the couples (husband) is a dentist! When he came back we set up a time Saturday to take a look at the tooth.

As most people know I was a day late and a dollar short for the Easter Egg hunt Saturday morning. I thought the park was 5 minutes away but it was more like 15. Well we missed that one so I headed to the next one, grabbed Sydney and Kenady (I had no diapers or anything, thank goodness there were no blowouts) and ran through the gate to the end of the Easter egg hunt. I didnt realize there was someone trailing me, trying to tell me I was at the wrong gate. There was a line about a block long to get into the park and I had come around back and snuck in (TOTALLY Accident, I was lost). At least Syd got to participate. Then we went to stand in line and pay and a lady came and gave us a ticket!

Afterwards we checked on the good old tooth and that will cost me my lives savings (just kidding he is awesome and giving me a great deal) I will get a crown or root canal! Well we went home and Syd and I started decorating Easter Egg cookies. In the middle of it Syd had to use the rest room and came back with no undies. We kept on icing cookies, when we were finished and moving on to coloring eggs I told her she needed to get her undies back on. I could tell she was thinking about something but was happy she actually wanted to were underwear so out I went to get them. I came back home and she was shoveling in candy, she had hopped on the counter and was chomping as fast as she could! NEEDLESS TO SAY, she now knows how to manipulate. I was cracking up.

The next morning I actually got both girls and I ready in time to be at church at 9:00 a.m. Afterwards we left a cookie, carrots, and water out for the Easter bunny and headed off to pick up Dallas at the airport. It was great to have him back and Sy was excited to see her dad, and couldnt wait to get home to see the Easter Bunny.

We got home, she opened up every candy wrapper, I tried not to give her much, but she still opened all that she had, not to eat it, just to see what color it was, she did have her fair share of candy! We bombed on our Easter picnic and opted for frozen pizza instead, it was cold outside.

It was a little disfunctional and a lot of fun!
---------------------

Really quickly we are putting an offer on a house. It is old, but has a lot of potential and will allow me to have another room for my little vinyl business. We are really excited about it, and what we can do with it! We'll see how it goes!

7 comments:

kh said...

I love all the new posts to read. It's been forever since I have seen your family! The twins are so big! When did they grow up??? Can you stand it that they are graduating this year? Craziness.

Your Sydney and my Matalin would be perfect friends, they seem so much like each other, blonde hair, no undies (when they can pull it off), manipulation and all! Love it!

What exactly is Dallas doing in that pic? I am curious...

Good fun stuff to read Jaymi. Good luck on your house!

Mary Ann said...

Hey, it is so fun to read about your fam and see pics. The twins are seriously sooo big. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family. Your kids are adorable and you are such a good mom. I can't wait until you move closer!

Jaime said...

You have WAY more trust than I could when it comes to your husband looking for a house! Sounds like you guys had a great Easter!

Landvatter Family said...

Hey this is Hawli Landvatter (Johnston) and I just had to say I love your blog. I saw your link from Jamie's. You have the cutest kids and your stories are the best! Your family is beautiful!

Jamielynn said...

Jaym....have you guys found a house?...did you get the one you put the offer on? Can't wait to see you. It was so good to talk to you the other day. Im glad you had a good weekend with your family.

taytum said...

Sounds like a VERY busy weekend! I love it though. Trevor and I didn't even do anything special for Easter. It just really isn't that exciting when you don't have little kids around to enjoy it with. Maybe it's time to remedy that situation....

Creative Corner said...

I am a little behind, if this is how I am supposed to post back...in that picture Dallas has put the three diffrent layers of the orthodics together and now is "shaving it down to size"...not great at explaining because I dont know myself. I just know they feel great and Jaime when we get home and set up we will hook your sister up!